COVID-19 Information for Patients with Scheduled Appointments
We are practicing dentistry in a new global environment. To minimize risk to all of our patients, staff, and doctors, we are asking patients to observe the following interim guidelines when coming for a scheduled appointment:
1) Click the BLUE and RED buttons below to download the AAFD Patient Screening and COVID-19 Patient Consent Forms. Print and complete both documents entirely and bring them to your scheduled appointment. Patients can also email the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) To limit the number of people in the office at one time, patients will be asked to “check-in” by calling the front desk from the parking lot. You will be called or texted when we are ready for you to come inside for your appointment.
3) ONLY SCHEDULED PATIENTS should enter the office. Chaperones will be asked to wait in their cars. Please inquire about special circumstances involving children, the elderly needing assistance, or a patient needing a translator.
4) All patients must come to and leave the office with their own face covering. Anyone accompanying a patient to the office must wear a face covering as well.
5) At the entrance to the office, patients will need to use either handsanitizer or a Sani-wipe to sanitize their hands.
6) All patient’s temperature will be taken. If a patient’s temperature is 100.4 or higher, the patient’s appointment will be rescheduled for after 14 days.
7) While in the office, please observe routine social distancing measures. This includes: maintaining 6 ft. distance from others, standing behind the acrylic barriers at the front desk, and observing markings on the floor where it is possible for multiple people to congregate.
Thank you for understanding and your ongoing support.
AAFD Pre-appointment Screening Form
NEW SAFTEY PROTOCOLS EFFECTIVE 5/20/20
AAFD has always complied with strict OSHA-mandated protocols to maintain a highly sterile environment within our dental offices. In response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we have augmented our safety protocols in across a number of areas.
1. All employees have their temperatures monitored daily and are regularly screened for COVID-19 risk factors (travel/illness).
2. Patients are screened for COVID-19 risk factors and pre-existing conditions when confirming appointments and upon arrival and asked to reschedule if risk factors are present. Patient temperatures are taken at check-in as a further screening precaution, and they are required to sign a COVID-19 Treatment Consent Form.
3. Patients are asked to wait for their appointments in their vehicles until it is time to be seated for their appointment. After treatment is completed, patients are guided to the check-out desk individually to avoid crowding.
4. Patients are asked to wear masks at all times except when being treated.
5. All treatment rooms are equipped with HEPA, UV-C Light Air Purifiers.
6. All treatment rooms and surfaces are thoroughly disinfected with wipes and spray following each patient visit.
7. Common areas are cleaned every 2-3 hours with disinfecting wipes. All magazines, books, and toys have been removed from lobbies and operatories.
8. All employees are utilizing additional layers of personal protective equipment (PPE).
9. Patients are asked to sanitize their hands and pre-rinse for 30 seconds to decrease the oral pathogen load prior to treatment.
10. Cleaning appointments will include hand scaling, x-rays, fluoride treatment, and doctor’s exams. Ultra-sonic scaling with water spray and polishings will be not be offered in the interim. Patients will be given polishing paste, along with instructions on how to use at home.